Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm sorry Bessy

I went to a very nice and totally delicious restaurant the other night and found calf’s head on the menu. Either my online French translator is off it's rocker or it's another joke on the Americans. Really, who would eat a calf’s head? How much meat could possibly be in there? Brains tend to be served by themselves. Is it an extra special treat to open the skull yourself to dig into some brain matter? Maybe it’s the eyeballs that have the French swooning over a baby cow’s noggin. And even a calf’s head is still pretty large. Does it really fit on a plate? One of these days, when I not very hungry, I’m going to order it just to see.

1 comment:

  1. Calf's head is really beyond it. Are you sure...I thought the menus are all in French. Hoping you are having an interpretive problem. How is the wine class. Have you gone to see Rodin yet?

    Yesterday, 73 and sunny. We sat outside with coffee and tea.(wish your cafe would do take-out). Lovely! Today, its 40 with rain and snow expected for the weekend. Tried tobuy sweatpants with pockets to walk Joey. Seems to be a men only feature with legs that drag a foot behind me.

    Wearing your leather coat today. Still can't understand why it fits!

    ReplyDelete