Friday, September 11, 2009

Santorini and sofabeds...

I don't know if it was the divorce, getting laid off, or just selling my portion of the house in Boulder to my ex, but I think I need a new scene. Therefore, I've decided to spend three months in Europe. Not to say that living with my boyfriend in Dillon isn't the bee's knees, because this summer has been bliss. But I have the chance, the money, and the desire. More self discovery later.

To be honest, all I know for sure is that I'm landing in Rome on Sept. 22nd. Hopefully, my best laid plans will become reality. I'm planning to take amateur cooking courses in Florence Oct 5-29. Two cooking courses and one wine appreciation course a week. Although everyone knows that I already have a strong appreciation for wine...

I'm still trying to get an apartment. The apartments in Florence are small and expensive. Some don't even have windows. I've decided that I absolutely need windows to discover my true self. They have washers, but no dryers. On one hand, I'm excited to hang my wash on the clothes line outside my window like a true Italian, but on the other hand, really? You can't buy one of those washer/dryer in the same machine combos? And while I'm on the subject, a sofabed is not a bed. Personally, I would rather have bed that I use a sofa than a sofabed. Anyway, I digress. Actually, I degrade into complaining about a fabulous trip. See what I mean about a new point of view?

I haven't figured out what I'm doing from Sept 22nd to Oct 5th, but Southern Italy, Greece (Santorini), or Prague is currently tops on the list. I'll keep you posted. After Florence, I'm thinking Paris or Provence, but I'm waiting to see which way the wind blows.

In the meantime, I'm diligently working on my Rosetta Stone Italian language software, packing, paying bills, and generally freaking out about how little time I have to prepare.

Arriverderci mios amicos. (PS. my Italian still really sucks so this may not be even remotely correct.)

1 comment:

  1. I actually came across Spacify.com that has a huge variety of Leather Sofa Beds with really good prices.

    ReplyDelete